Wednesday, September 25, 2013

092513

Started off the morning with the bring sally up back squat WOD as a warm up (it was recorded...video coming soon. I linked the youtube video that inspired it all for now..) Simple concept: 95# bar..everytime they say bring sally down, squat. bring sally up, stand up. It was pretty brutal and I missed a few of the squats because 1) the song confused me and 2) my quads are straight jello from squat cleans, 5rm squats, AND 10 minutes of BJ (box jumps...sickos..)...so there was that.

THEN I got to do the fitness tester:
10RFT
400m run
15 burpees
31:22. This was miserable. Running is not my strong suit...and I really could feel the extra mass that I've acquired from operation: build muscle. I was a little hesitant to do the burpees because of the whole hand swelling shenanigans...but I sucked it up, and did it. Somewhere between round 5 (tiny hands) and round 10 (sausage fingers), my hands swelled up. It wasn't as bad as it has been, but still is alarming to me. I'm not very good at dealing with injury. Anyhow, back to the workout. It was mentally tough too. My goal was just to keep moving, and I succeeded, however I had to coach myself through the run. I pretty much kept telling myself that if this was the last time I could ever run, would I be ok with stopping? (no) And then I almost got hit by a car....and was like wow that was close, run faster. The burpees weren't bad. I actually kind of like them. the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment