Monday, April 21, 2014

042114

Mixed feelings about training today...some things felt strong (snatches/ttb), some things absolutely did not(clean complex, HSPU, MU)
AM -
A. Squat Snatch Cluster, 1.1 - work to a tough set
120#. Was really unsure about this because I a)suck at squatting anything and b)my snatches aren't super strong to begin with. This is 5 pounds under my past PR. Not too shabby. Started off shaky, but felt a lot more stable after 105#. Really need to focus on using my arms though...almost crushed my skull..
B. Back Squat @ 20X1, 5 reps @ 74% RM x 5 sets, 3-4 min
155#. Tough but doable. The 5th rep felt shaky
C. High Hang Squat Clean.
- Above Knee Hang Squat Clean.
- Below Knee Hang Squat Clean.
- Push Jerk. Split Jerk,
1.1.1.1.1 x 5 sets, 1:30 min - start @ 125lb, add 10lbs go up by 5 per set
125, 130, 135, failed at 140. This was just not happening today. Did not feel strong..ESPECIALLY on the jerk. damn.
D. GH Raises @ 40X0, 4-6 tough reps x 5 sets, 2 min
5 sets of 4. holy hammies.

PM
EMOM x 12 mins:
1st - 4 Ring Muscle Ups
2nd - 3-5 Kipping HSPU to 8" Deficit all on parallettes (2 45# plates)
Wellllll this deteriorated fast. The first round I got 4 MU and 3 HSPU, but it went downhill from there. I attempted everything every round, but definitely missed a lot. Wasn't able to string MU today.
+
Toe to Bar, 15 unbroken x 5 sets, rest as needed b/t
WHERE WERE THESE DURING THE OPEN?! Toes to bar like a boss. Loved it.
+
Single Arm Overhead Carry, 50m walk x 3 sets per side,
rest as needed b/t sides - try 24kg KB
Started with 24 kg kb, then Paul told me I could switch to a 50# DB to save my wrist. This was tough, but obviously doable. REALLY need to focus on keeping a neutral grip and an ER shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment