Thursday, August 22, 2013

so this workout....

The gym is closed tomorrow (and this weekend) for OPT athlete camp (more on that later), so I decided to do tomorrow's workout today. Too bad my body said hellllll nah.

This was my workout:
BBG
  1. Snatch from Blocks @ Top of knee: Take 10 minutes to work up to a heavy triple (no misses), then repeat for three sets – rest as needed.
  2. Clean & Jerk from Blocks @ Top of knee: Take 10 minutes to work up to a heavy double (no misses), then repeat for three sets – rest as needed.
Strength
1) HBBS: 1X5@70%, 3X4@80%
2a) Front Squat: 1X5@60%, 1X5@65%, 2X5@70% – rest 60 sec.
2b) 4X8 Close Grip Bench Press (hands 12″ apart) @ 70% of Max from 130816 – rest 60 sec.
Notes: There are four sets of both FS and BP, these should be performed alternating (as usual with A/B work).
3a) 3XME Strict Tempo Suppinated Pullups (3 count pause with chin over bar) – rest 60 sec.
3b) 3X15 Reverse Hypers – heavy but fast, rest 60 sec.

This is what I did:
  1. Snatch from Blocks @ Top of knee: Take 10 minutes to work up to a heavy triple (no misses), then repeat for three sets – rest as needed.
  2. Clean & Jerk from Blocks @ Top of knee: Take 10 minutes to work up to a heavy double (no misses), then repeat for three sets – rest as needed.
I snatched like 85# and C&Jed 115#. It was hard. I had zero motivation. I was exhausted. SOOOO I listened to my body and peaced out. Don't feel too bad because I made the decision to go to this athlete camp thing this weekend, so yay 48 hours of training. wheeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment