Sunday, August 4, 2013

weekend things

this weekend (with the except of having to work at 7am...blergh), I tried to take it easy, get my mind right, and do some work around the house.
SATURDAY
I wasn't able to do 31 heroes due to work, but I was able to make it to the gym Saturday and work on some sled pulls/pushes and HSPU. I'm really pleased with how my EROM HSPU have come along. 3 weeks ago, I could barely squeeze out one...and now I can do about 5 unbroken. I think for the competition, I'm going to do sets of 2 and 3, just so I don't get burn out...but we'll see. Sledwise, I think my performance is going to depend on if we load up the sleds with weight or not. The sled itsself weighs about 90 pounds (i think?). The naked sled was a piece of cake to push and pull, but I doubt that's going to be the case. With a 45# plate, pushing it is still easy, but the hand over hand speedy pulling will be very tough. The sled PLUS 90 pounds will be ok for the push, but I really don't think I'll be able to pull it. Fingers crossed.
SUNDAY
very productive day of cleaning. got a lot done around the house and took some time to think about the competition coming up. This is going to be (another) crazy week of work, so I also ran out and bought some snacks for the upcoming competition. eek. getting close!

Foodwise, I ate a lot this weekend (circa 2000 cals/day). It was all healthy though, so hopefully I got some good fuel in my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment