Wednesday, August 7, 2013

hump day

D-Day is almost here and today was my last workout.
WOD
30min on Airdyne @ 50%
Every 5mins Complete -
:10sec L-sit
20 Unbroken DU
1 Rope Climb

This was a good workout and actually made my quads feel better, so I'm happy. After that, I did a few EROM HSPU....and then attempted (and completed) one on TWO 45 pound plates. ballin'

I'm really up and down right now when it comes to stress and excitement levels, so I'm just going to ignore it for the time being. CCF posted the following "values" on their page today and I like them...so I'm re-posting them...


Many of our athletes are competing this Saturday in The Famously Hot Showdown. Others are taking their personal time to Volunteer. We hope that all CCF athletes strive to be "better than yesterday" everyday:

-Commitment- enthusiasm to do your best.
-All-Out Effort- from start to finish regardless of where you place or your score.
-Discipline-to control your emotions, thoughts, and to focus on the task(s) at hand
-Sportsmanship- "Leave your ego at the door". Cheer on your competition.
-Courage- to face adversity and do your best.
-Individual- work towards your own goals regardless of those around you.
-Compassion-to encourage and sympathize with your fellow athletes.

Win or lose this weekend, we want all of our athletes to have fun, try their best, and represent what ‪#‎CarolinaCrossFit‬ is about.

"Winning is overemphasized. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war." - Al McGuire



and I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment