Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"a hot boy"

BBG
1) 15 minutes to establish a 2RM Pause Clean (pause three counts at the bottom of the knee) & Jerk.
Note: Reps do not need to be touch and go; however, re-grip should happen immediately. Make sure to pause for three full counts (3 seconds) each rep.
 Could only get to 130# on this. Kind of disappointing because I know I can clean a lot heavier; guess it just shows how much I need to use my hips. Also, not sure if these are supposed to be squat cleans...I've been mostly power cleaning until I think about it, and then I squat clean. I really should be working on just squat cleaning everything...
2) 3X3 Pause Clean & Jerk @ 90% of 2RM from #1 – rest 90 sec.
115#. Felt good.
Strength
1) HBBS: 1X6@70%, 1X6@80%, 1X3@90%, 1X2@95% – rest 2 minutes (or more if necessary).
145/ 165/185/195
2) Front squat: 1X5 @ 70%, 1X4@80%, 1X3@85%, 1X3@90% – rest 2 minutes (or more if necessary). 95/105/110/120
I now realize that these are 1 and 2...For some reason I super setted them....is that even a verb? It is now. whatever. I'm happy. As I might have mentioned before, I never max out, so I just guestimated 205# as my BS 1RM (I don't think I've ever gone higher than 185). I got 185 for 3 AND 195 for 1. booyah. Front squats felt good too. I need to find my 1RM for that too, because I think 135 isn't accurate. Actually I know it isn't bc I've squat cleaned 145. Brainfart.
Conditioning
7X100′ Prowler Push (50′ down w/ high handles – 50′ back w/ low handles) – heaviest possible (see note)
Rest 3:1
*Note: The Prowler should be loaded with a weight that is very heavy, but not so much the each effort takes more than :45. These should be all out sprints with round times in the :25-:45 range. The load used will be vastly different based on what surface you are pushing on. AstroTurf or even grass is the ideal surface.
I did not high handle/low handle nor did I time these. I threw 90# ontop of the sled and pushed it on our astroturf and it was so terrible. I almost met pukie. I made it about 80' of  "running" and then had to pretty much walk with it. My quads are toast

AND today at work, one of the doctors I work with grabbed my arm and told me that I better not hit the weights so hard, or I'll look like a boy. I told him that was rude and untrue, so he tried to save himself by saying "a hot boy" Excuse me, what?

and here's a fun video from the famously hot showdown


I'm still sitting at raging food monster status:
Meal 1: caramelized onion fritatta + black coffee
Meal 1.5: apple sauce between all my weight lifting and the prowler push
Meal 2: 4 meatballs, mini bell peppers, and guac
Meal 3: quest bar and trail mix
Meal 4: Beef Jerky
Meal 5: turkey and pickle roll ups w/mustard
Meal 6: trail mix and 4 green figs

No comments:

Post a Comment