Wednesday, July 30, 2014

073014

Warmed up with some handstand walking skill work. Was able to walk over a small box (After a kagillion tries) and holy shit I was so happy. It reminded me to have fun with training and not take myself too seriously. Yay fun things. Also, have been trying to read mentalitywod more often, and I like it.


A. Front squat @20X1; 3,3,3,3; rest 2-3 min
145#. Tough but obviously doable
B. 6 sets - Segmented snatch DL + HS + Snatch; rest 2-3 min (not Tng)
95, 95, 100, 100, 105, 105. Trying to drill this technique into my skull. This is one lift that is very hard for me to improved without a coach there in person...sigh
C. Push press; 3,3,3,3; rest 30 sec
105. I love push presses. love love love.
+
For time:
Run 800 m
20 squat clean - 95#
Run 400 m
15 jerk - 95#
Run 200 m
10 power snatch - 95#
14:43. Good news: this is the first time I've run and my ankle hasn't bothered me. Bad news: I am still terrible at running. Squat cleans got tough fast, especially coming off a run. Did fast singles. 400m run felt wonky after the squats, but really didn't need to use much leg in the jerks, so that was ok. Did 3 sets of 5. Easy. 200m run was lovely because it was short and I knew it would be over soon. Snatches were singles, focused on being agressive. I stepped over the bar each time to kind of regulate my rest. I noticed athletes doing it in the games (strict HSPU workout) and it made sense to me....Got me in a nice rhythm too..snatch, drop, step, snatch...


then I ate a lot of food...and some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment