Wednesday, July 23, 2014

072314

Was looking forward to a shorter day, but it didn't go exactly as planned :( Warmed up with some gymnasty stuff just to get myself excited. Good news: I strung together 3 MU no problem. I think the trick is to use higher rings....maybe I'm on to something. Squats felt strong, my snatch fucking sucked today...

A. BS @20X1; 5,3,1,1,1; rest 2-3 min
145, 165, 186, 195, 205
B. Emom 5 min - BS @20X1 @90%
195
C. 5 sets - Drop snatch + heaving snatch balance + snatch balance; rest 90 sec
65, 75, 75, 80, 80. Drop snatch was the limiter...paused for 2 sec at the bottom..

+

5 rounds for time:
3 PS (85%)
row 200m
This did not happen today. I couldn't powersnatch 115, I couldn't even full snatch it. I got under it and chilled at the bottom for a while, but then nada. My body feels really tired/achy so I didn't really want to push it, also not going to lie, I did not have it in me mentally to push through it. I tried to snatch like 10-12 times, but did not make a single one. I didn't have a meltdown, but I did decide it was time to go. In the car, I felt incredibly guilty for not finishing my workout. Naturally I called my mom who gave me a huge lecture about over doing it and if it's worth all the time, energy, money, wear and tear on my body, etc...That was not a fun conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment