Sunday, May 4, 2014

050314 Crawfish Challenge


-Event 1: “Crawdaddy Dash 5k”—5K USAT&F Certified and Timed 5K Run
26:02. Goal was under 30 min. Ran at an 8:23 pace. Ankle didn't really bother me until afterwards, but I didn't stop moving and I don't really think I slowed down much. I took second (in the competition) in this.

-Event 2: Competitors will have 4min to build to a MAX 1 rep “Ground to Overhead”. Can be a Clean & Jerk, Clean & Press, Snatch, etc.
165. I've cleaned 165 before (I think? maybe just 160?) and definitely jerked 165 (not lately though), but haven't put the whole thing together. 165 felt really easy too. I won the event with my starting weight (145), got 155 and 165 easily (push jerk). Attempted 175 twice. First attempt, I couldn't even pull it. Second attempt, I just fucked up and threw it into my throat. Confident I could get 170 fresh though.

At the end of the 4min period, Athletes will have 2min to deload their bars to the proper Event 3 loads, place their weights back into the proper position, and prepare for Event 3

-Event 3
: 3min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of: 21-15-9 Thrusters 95/65 & Bar Jump Over Burpees. If the Athlete finishes the ENTIRE 21-15-9 set, they will restart at the 21 mark and continue until time expires.
50 reps. Won this even too. Felt worse than it did when we did the longer version in the open.

-Event 4:For Time Chipper; 12min Time Cap
30 Russian KB Swings 2/1.5
50m KB Farmers Walk 2/1.5
30 Box Step Overs w/ Plate 45/25
50m Overhead Walk w/ Plate 45/25
30 Goblet Squats 2/1.5
20 Russian KB Swings
50m KB Farmers Walk
20 Box Step Overs w/ Plate
50m Overhead Walk w/ Plate
20 Goblet Squats
10 Russian KB Swings
50m KB Farmers Walk
10 Box Step Overs w/ Plate
50m Overhead Walk w/ Plate
10 Goblet Squats
can't even tell you my reps on this. Somewhere in the 20 goblet squats..took 2nd (actually thought I got 3rd, but turns out I passed her with my last few squats). Did I game it a little bit? yeah...My back started spasming after the KB swings , ank I knew I could get 3rd place in that event and still win, so I took it a little easy to not kill myself. It was still incredibly hard and painful. I hated every minute of it. Every little bit of strategy I had went out the window. Bright side: still won the competition. Fittest woman of the crawfish festival. what whaaaat

No comments:

Post a Comment