Sunday, March 23, 2014

032114-032314

FRIDAY
14.4
14 min AMRAP
60 cal row
50 TTB
40 WB
30 Cleans (95#)
20 MU
177; 27 cleans. Row was ok, finished 4:34. All singles on the  TTB, sets of 5 on the WB until the end and I think I did 3s. Singles on the cleans...they were killer. Really disappointed that I couldn't finish the cleans and attempt a MU, but I never really stopped moving so I don't know how I could have improved...except get better at TTB...

SATURDAY
60 min walk
TTB skill work
focused on kicking the TTB and it really helped

SUNDAY
14.4
14 min AMRAP
60 cal row
50 TTB
40 WB
30 Cleans (95#)
20 MU
176. This was a huge let down for me. I was amped and ready to go, my TTB were pretty solid warming up, but after stringing together like 7 after the row, I crashed. A couple of doubles and back to singles. Hit a wall on the wallballs (no pun intended); my goal was to do sets of 5+, but had to drop to 3s pretty quickly. Arms were fried...not sure about legs. Those prob were too. Cleans sucked again. Got a couple doubles in, but obviously still wasn't enough. 

I'm just over the open right now. I feel like my performance and scores do not reflect the amount of work and heart I've put into training. Realistically, I JUST started. Like I joined CCF when I moved here in Julyish?), but I didn't start getting serious until after that Hilton Head competition. And I didn't get REALLY serious until after Famously Hot. That being said, I'm doing pretty well for my first open...but obviously I want to be doing better. Even after I look at all the goals I set and how I've blown through most of them, I'm still feeling a lot of disappointment. It's not even a making regionals thing, because honestly, I don't think I could handle it this year. I have to figure out where I'm going to live, what I'm going to do, and uhhhh graduate, which is all around the time of regionals.   I just want what I put out to reflect what I put in. This sport is infuriating.

No comments:

Post a Comment