Sunday, March 2, 2014

022814-030214

I really don't want to write this post right now, or ever. 14.1 has not gone as hoped, and as much as I try to remind myself that this is just one of five workouts, I'm already disappointed with how the open is going for me. 14.1 definitely is not my workout. When I did this last week I got 274, but I def did not exert as much effort, so I'm wondering if I miscounted some reps. Who knows. Anyhow, here we go..

Fri 2/28
5x500m row
+
Open Skill Prep/Warm up
+
14.1
30 DU
15 PS @ 55
261. Went to fast out of the gate and tanked towards the end. Went UB the first two or three rounds and then was gassed. Was initially ok with this score because I gave it 100% (as proven by the 10 minutes of dry heaving afterwards), but as I heard other comparable athlete's scores, this was not so bueno

Sat 3/1
60 min continues walk
Did this with my mom. Was stupid sore when I woke up (shoulders, low back, biceps, hamstrings, calves, shins), and this helped loosen me up

Sun 3/2
14.1
30 DU
15 PS @ 55
265. Going into this workout, my goal was 300. Plan of action: 1 round every 90 s-breaking the snatches up into sets of 5, then I would have a full minute for DU. Told Paul this strategy, and he said to do 1:20 (maybe 1:25..not sure), so that was the plan. First round-good. Took all of my self control to treat it like a EMOM, but I did. Second round was good too, I think the third is when I started to hit the wall. Gone were the sets of 5. I clean and jerked a few. Singles, doubles, fuck. Double unders were smooth, I think I got caught up on them twice. The snatches just smoked me. Last round of snatches, I tried to go unbroken, which didn't happen, but I was so close to the end that I went balls out. Got one no rep for having wonky feet somewhere in the middle, and my last snatch didn't count because I was out of time. I'm happy that I improved for sure, but still very disappointed with my score overall. Once again, I feel as if I gave it 100%, but in this case it just wasn't enough. I might still try again tomorrow. It'll just depend on how my body feels.I probably will do it one more time though, just so I can say that I've done EVERYTHING I could. Will stick to the every 90s, sets of 5 snatches. Holy shit this is much worse mentally than I anticipated, but your know what they says..fall down 7, get up 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment