Tuesday, February 4, 2014

020414

This workout made me feel like such a little bitch today. Everything felt heavier than it should, and per usual I underestimated the workout. Honestly, I think I would have rather done yesterday's wod again than the 5-7-9 AMRAP. This was def good for me mentally though, the 50# were so freaking heavy, and  I'm pretty sure I missed the 115# snatch more than I made it, but I did not cry, did not quit, just continued to push through it.

A. SN Complex- build to a heavy single in 5 attempts
2 HPS, 1 HS, 2 SN

90#. Started at 65, attempted 95, but dropped it before the 2 snatches. The components of this complex weren't difficult, but holding on to the bar (and dropping it on my quads) was. Surprised I made 90.
+
5 Min AMrap
rear foot elevated squat 3 left leg 50lb in ea hand
rear foot elevated squat 3 right leg 50lb in ea hand
5 PS 115#

Less than 1 round (3+3+3) Fell on my butt twice trying to snatch the bar. Missed a couple more times too. Didn't get angry, just shook out my arms and tried again.
5min rest
7min amrap
rear foot elevated squat 5 left leg 50lb in ea hand
rear foot elevated squat 5 right leg 50lb in ea hand
7 PS 95#

2 rounds+5+5+4. Much better with the 95# snatch, but still not easy. RFES actually were a bit smoother. Still a struggle.
7 min rest
9 min amrap
rear foot elevated squat 7 left leg 50lb in ea hand
rear foot elevated squat 7 right leg 50lb in ea hand
9 PS 75#

2 rounds + 7. My first 7 were unbroken. And then I died. Goal was to do the snatches TnG, but that didn't happen. did sets of about 3.  Then I really died.
RFESS set up is key take three steps heel to toe counting the
first step as one. Put your toe on the edge of the bench. Grab
your 50lb DB and squat until knee touches the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment