Friday, January 31, 2014

013114

Not going to lie, I had zero motivation today. My phone broke last night, I did not sleep well, I feel like I've been fighting something for the past week...really rundown, tummy troubles, blah blah blah. Normally I am roaring to go, but I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I considered just going home after coaching this morning. I really did not want to get under that bar to squat...or even snatch for that matter. Told the all powerful Silverback that I was lacking motivation and he said "get moving, you'll feel better". THEN as I walked away he said, only the top 48 can go. BINGO. And cue the back squats. My lifts didn't feel super strong today by any means, but the numbers aren't terrible, and I actually had fun with the little open chipper, so all's well that ends well.

A. BS @20X1; 1,1,1,1,1; rest 2-3 min (only last single tough)
175, 185, 190, 195,200. Every single one of these felt tough except for the 175. If you gave me 185 and then 200, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. Not sure if that's good or bad. Don't think I could have gotten 205 or 210 today. Good thing I wasn't maxing out

B. Snatch; 3@80%, 2@85%,1@90%,1@95%; rest 2-3 min
3×100, 2×105, 1×112.2, 1×120. Felt ok. Was jumping out too much, Josh called me starfish, so there's that.
+

3 sets:

Row 500m
5 strict chin up
7 chin up
9 CTB chin up

rest walk 3 min
done, did not time. Rows were rows. First one was ok, second one was a lot faster, third one was pretty slow. Strict chin ups like a boss; first 5 UB. Second and third round 3+2. All 7 chinups butterflied and UB (woot). Tried something new and did singles for CTB. Think it was more efficient.

rest as needed



12 min amrap @open pace:
2 PC (95#)
5 wall ball
4 PC
10 wall ball
6 PC
15 wall ball
8 PC
20 wall ball
10 PC
25 wall ball
12 PC
Amrap DUs in remaining time
222 dubs. Kind of loved this. Would have loved it more if the wall balls were replaced with HSPU, but what can ya do. Not sure when I started dropping the bar, but definitely did the last 12 as singles. Finished at about 8 minutes and had 4 minutes to do my DU aka (do 20-30...pant...cuss...repeat)

I think today was the first day all week that I didn't end on all fours.

No comments:

Post a Comment