Wednesday, January 22, 2014

012214


Emotional day today. Kind of knew a breakdown was coming when I stepped in the gym today. My body feels wrecked from the past I don't know how many days of training; I'm super tired even though I got like 8 hours of sleep last night; and mentally just wasn't in a great place. That's part of training though. Like I wasn't surprised I had a meltdown, I just let it out, did a 10 minute AD to get my shit together, and moved on to the metcons. Those really sucked by the way. REALLY REALLY sucked. I fully understand where "embrace the suck" came from. Speaking of suck. Training really sucks. I mean I love it, but there is a huuuuuuge difference between training hard and working out. Training is grueling and basically consists of doing shit you suck at every day. over and over again. But it's amazing, fulfilling, and worth it in the end--at least that's what I keep telling myself.

A. 5 sets - Push jerk +split jerk; rest 2 min
125, 135, 145, 155, 160*FAIL. Splits actually felt pretty stable. Wish I could have hit 160, know I have it in me since I've jerked 165 before. Just wasn't happening today.
B. FS @20X1; 2,2,1,1; rest 2-3 min
155, 165, 170, 175*FAIL. 155 and 165 felt great. Then it started getting heavy.
C. Emom 6 min – HS + Snatch (not Tng, all +77% of snatch)
95#. These annoyed the shit out of me. I tried to squat all of them, but I am still having trouble getting stable at the bottom. Ended up on my back a lot. Lots of jokes were made about me spending so much time on my back...if only that were true. Then I had my meltdown.
+
10 min amrap @80%:
6 Tng PC (95#)
30 DUs
8 rounds. DU sucked today. My legs felt super tight and I mostly did sets of 15. PC were fine to Tng, got heavy towards the end.

rest 3 min

10 min amrap @85%:
row 250m
6 OHS (95#)
5 NPUBBJ (14”)
3 rounds + 250m + 1 OHS. Wow, I realllllly need to work on my OHS. First round was iffy because I was going to slow, second round was good because I dropped/stood faster. Last round I was tired and dropped the bar a few times. My first row was great. Then I was tired and it was not great. The NPUBBJ were low for a high turn over, and that smoked me. Nice to change it up though. Actually I'm lying, just saying that to be positive. I would take 24" any day.

rest 3 min

10 min amrap @90%:
10 unbroken KB swing (1.5)
10 unbroken wall ball (14#, 9')
200m run
3 rounds + 10 KBS + 10WB+ 50m. KBS felt great; doing them UB was not a problem and I pretty much snatched each one. WB were fine. Had some problem hitting the target, but I blame that on my lack of spatial reasoning. The 200m run was more like a 200m slow speed walk that looked like a run. My legs hate me. Need a massage. wahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment