Monday, January 6, 2014

010614



I'm baaaack. Got my stitches and headed straight to the gym!

A. BS@20X1; 3,2,1; rest 2-3 min
155, 165, 175. Positively giddy to squat again. 175 was kind of tough, probably could not have done more than 5. I also haven't squatted in over 3 weeks. good to be back though
B. 6 sets – every 90 sec – PS x 2 (build from 70%)
70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95. These felt good. Really focused on bar placement with the light weights and a sloooooow deadlift. Trying to cue myself to remember to engage my back by tightening my lats. Felt a little tentative as it got heavier, probably because of my wound...
C. 3 sets:
10 HSPU
15 CTB chin up
500m row
rest walk 3 min
total time 23:58 (used a running clock). HSPU were great, CTB were not. I reallllllly need to work on my kip..pushing a way from the bar...etc..
rest as needed
5-4-3-2-1
Snatch (80%) 85#
MU
11:36. This went way better than expected. TnG the snatch (after Paul told me to), and then started on the muscle ups. Started with one every 10 sec (got 4 then missed)...then rested 20, got the last. Went every 20 for a while until my last one where I probably waited closer to 40s after a miss. Walked away feeling good, especially after Saturday's suckfest haha

SicFit posted these quotes and they really hit home for me, especially with the Open coming up..
Focus on your own efforts.
Don't be distracted by competition with others.
Aim for your own personal goals.
Look inward for your motivation: to reach your full potential, to be your most creative. 
Patrick Lindsay
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment