Wednesday, November 27, 2013

112713

Dropped in at CrossFit Chickasaw today and did their programmed WOD. It was actually kind of liberating working out a gym where nobody knows me and there were zero expectations. Will probably write more on that later..

Strength:

Deadlift 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
1 round at 185, 3 at 195, the rest at 205. I definitely could have gone higher, but it was supposed to be between 85-92% of our 1RM, so I think that was a weight. The coach asked me how 195 pounds felt, and I said ok..heavyish. He told me it didn't look heavy, so I threw some 5s on there.

Metcon:

12 min AMRAP
15 box jumps (24/20)
10 toe to bar
5 power cleans (145/105)
5 rounds + 11 box jumps. Did the first round TnG for the cleans, decided that was a huge waste of energy, and just dropped it from the top. Box jumps were cake. Jumped up, stepped down. T2B were actually really good. I got stuck with a high bar, so I had to work on my white girl ups to latch on, but after the first round, I really got into a good rhythm and did a good job of pushing back on the bar and stringing them together. Minimal awkward double swings. Had to drop off the bar once on the last two rounds. Overall, very happy with my performance. Fun working out with a group for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment