Wednesday, November 6, 2013

110613

A. 6 sets - Muscle snatch + heaving snatch balance + OHS x 2; rest 2 min
65, 75, 80, 85, 85, 85. 85 Was the highest I could go without sliding over to power snatching. My snatch balances were really good today. I was able to drop under the bar really quickly, and felt stable at the bottom. My last few OHS were a little shaky...but I was able to really focus on using my shoulders for stability and getting down into the end range of motion
B. Snatch grip DL @52X1; 3-5 x 3; rest 2 min
125#x4. these were harrrrrrrd. nothing else to say. felt weak
C. HS cluster; 2.2.2 x 3; rest 15 sec, rest 3 min (from blocks, bar at hip crease)
I really hate the blocks. They make me feel like a weak little girl and give me awkward bruises when I accidentally pinch my leg in them. womp womp. Anyhow did one cluster at 65 and the second two at 70. These really force you to be explosive in the hips because 1) you have 0 pull and 2) you don't really have tension on the bar. I was able to really focus on using my arms (it helps when you pull, go figure) and dropping under the weight. At one point, everything clicked, and I understood the purpose of A and B. Science. Boom.
+
3 sets:
20 ring push up
20 front rack lunge (95-105#) Barbell Step Ups (35# bar)
20 wtd. sit ups (25# plate)
There was no way my ankle was going to give me enough plantar flexion to power through those lunges, so I #TIPed and did step ups. They sucked. I need to do them more often. And moving off on a tangent...I really need to acquire some money STAT. SHE is doing great things for me, but there are so many little things I need to work on that I think I would really benefit from exclusive coaching. Paul gave me some pointers and things to include in my workouts, but it's not the sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. crossfit probz

No comments:

Post a Comment