Wednesday, July 24, 2013

20 minute PR

Didn't have to work today, so I was able to use the morning to knock out my 50 HSPU workout from hell. My shoulder felt throbby/achey today, but I decided to slap some kinesiotape on it, pop an aleve, and do what I could. I felt (relatively) strong on my HSPU today actually. I managed to bust out 11 before failing..then six...then who knows...but it took me a little while before I had to break down to doing clusters of 2, and I never failed after only 1. Hooray! There were some reps that I struggled on way more than others, but I refused to waste anymore energy that I had to, which resulted in me inching my way up the wall by shimmying my back and shoulders when I got stuck. Probably not the most efficient way, but as long as I finished with my heels on the wall and butt off the wall, I saved a rep. This time, the workout only took me 49:35. Was this the 25 minute, no fail time that is the goal? nope! double. Buuuuut it is twenty whole minutes less than last time. AND my head and neck feel great (for now). I hope to do this workout one more time before the competition. The programmed workout wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I have fairly good endurance so these types of WODs aren't too difficult for me.

WOD:
workout 1:
50 EROM HSPU; 1 every 30 seconds, rest 2 minutes after failure--45# plates, 49:53

workout 2:
1.5 pood farmers carry
 +
(programmed WOD)
7min AMRAP
7 Push-Ups
5 GHD Sit-Ups
20 Double-Unders
+
2min Rest
+
7min AMRAP
10 Walking Lunges
10 Mountain Climbers (Ea Leg)
200m Run
+
2min Rest
+
7min AMRAP
5 Burpees
10 Sit-Ups
5 GHD Sit-Ups


Food:
**coffee+muscletech neurocore
Meal 1/post workout:  chocolate chip quest bar
Meal 2: Avocado/chicken salad and trail mix
Meal 3: carrot-protein-cake and sunbutter
**biotin, super B Complex, drenamin, bsn aminox
**muscletech neurocore
Meal 4: Syntha-6 Chocolate Shake
Meal 5: Chicken with homemade pineapple salsa and a cup of watermelon
Meal 6: a square of dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment